Finding the right job is not always easy, but if you’re passionate about crafting quality windows and doors that work right from the start and helping builders get the service they need to get the job done, Vector could be just the right place for you to build a great career.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of the Vector team, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Vector Windows Attn: Human Resources at 1020 International Drive, Fergus Falls, MN 56537 or apply online Here
Vector Windows is a growing company located right in the heart of lakes country! We are currently adding new Full-Time positions.
Vector is committed to fostering a culture of high engagement and to improving the well-being of its employees. The management team measures and continuously improves the company’s employment proposition, employee engagement, employee well-being and retention levels. Vector is supported in its commitment to improving employee well-being by Granite Equity.
Production Planner / Scheduler
Full-Time, Exempt, M-F, Reports to VP Supply Chain
Primary Objective of Position:
This position has the responsibility of coordinating supplies, resources, and special purchase items to effectively schedule production lines to the most productive schedule possible. This person needs to be a strong communicator, very analytic, and can manage multiple avenues of supply into just-in-time production planning. This person will work with all areas of the company, purchasing, receiving, operations, accounting, quality, sales, and the executive team. This person must be a strong relationship builder, good listener, good decision maker and effective in a fast-paced production environment.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Scheduling of production lines to optimize throughput based on hourly resources, supply availability and customer demand.
- Manage cost through effective scheduling and optimization of raw materials.
- Purchase specialty items as it relates to production needs.
- Communicate raw material and production delays prior to commitment dates.
- Strategically plan (30/60/90 day) production based on sales forecast, product availability and operations capacity.
- Other tasks or responsibilities that may directed within the supply chain.
- Working within and demonstrating Vector’s core values at all times.
- Schedule attainment.
- Raw material optimization and waste reduction.
- Order fill.
- Lead time.
- Accurate planning to forecast.
- 2-5 years production scheduling experience.
- 2-5 years labor and material coordination.
- 2-5 years forecasting experience
- Proven raw material optimization in a scheduling process.
- Able to adjust in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to analyze data and adjust to output levels.
- Good communication skills.
- Fit and Support Vector Core Values.
1st and 2nd Shift hours available
- High Demand Hours:
- 1st Shift: 5:30 AM - 4 PM M-F, No weekends
- $18 per hour
- 1st Shift Shipping: 7 AM - 4 PM M-F, No Weekends
- 2nd Shift: 4 PM – 3:30 AM M-Th, No Friday or Weekends
- $19 per hour
Performs manual labor along a production line. Operates and troubleshoots production line machinery and computers. May perform minor repairs as necessary.
- Operate production line machinery and computers.
- Troubleshoot production line machinery.
- Perform equipment change-overs.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on production line machinery.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vector Windows Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Profit Sharing (10% of profits shared)
- Performance Reviews (30, 90 days and yearly thereafter)
- Perfect Attendance Bonus (Up to $1 more per hour every 2 weeks for showing up on-time)
- Health & Supplemental Benefits (1st month after 60 days)
- Retirement & Company Match (immediately eligible-100% match up to 2%, 50% up to next 4%)
- Paid Vacation (after 90 days)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day in our community
- Employee/Family Discounts on Vector Products
- Employee Discounts at selected business
- 2 Weeks of Military Pay for Active members
- Referral Bonus
- Advancement Opportunity – Promote from within
- Training Opportunities (Internal and External)
- Yearly Performance Feedback
- Safety + Paid Prescription Safety Glasses
- Sense of Community
- Work/Life Balance
- Air Conditioned Plant
- Ability to improve job through Lean Activities
Vector we stay committed to our Core Values – Improving the Quality of People’s Lives
- Do the Right Thing
- Respect and Support Each Other
- Aspire to Excellence
- Honor Our Commitment
Other Components of the Vector Culture
- Customer Focus
- Wellness (Bio-metrics/Fruit/CSA/Activities/Training)
- Celebrations & Activities
- New Hire Meet and Greets
- All Employee Business Communication Meeting (Monthly)
Conditions of Employment:
Vector is committed to workforce diversity. Post-Offer drug screen required.
Operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protections and safety gloves.
Vector Windows is a growing company located in the heart of lakes country. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package including profit sharing.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com or mail to 1020 International Drive, Fergus Falls, MN 56537 Attn: Human Resources or Apply Online Here