Finding the right job is never easy, but if you’re passionate about crafting quality windows and doors that work right from the start and helping builders get the service they need to get the job done, Vector could be just the right place for you to build a great career.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of the Vector team, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Vector Windows Attn: Human Resources at 1020 International Drive, Fergus Falls, MN 56537 or apply online Here
Vector Windows is a growing company located right in the heart of lakes country! We are currently adding new Full-Time positions.
Vector is committed to fostering a culture of high engagement and to improving the well-being of its employees. The management team measures and continuously improves the company’s employment proposition, employee engagement, employee well-being and retention levels. Vector is supported in its commitment to improving employee well-being by Granite Equity.
Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift
If you’re a reliable and consistent self-starter who enjoys working with and developing a group of people, then join our team at Vector! We are seeking a passionate and dynamic Production Supervisor who will coordinate all manufacturing activities in assigned departments to produce high-quality parts and assemblies for Vector Window and Door products, while satisfying our customers at the lowest possible cost. You will identify, develop and implement programs, policies and procedures which support total customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, where applicable in relation to this position. Our current opening is for a 2nd shift Production Supervisor who will build and develop their team in order to consistently meet goals and be mutually successful. If you are a professional and enterprising leader and wish to launch your career in manufacturing then Vector may be the right company for you!
Essential Job Responsibilities
As a Production Supervisor, you will focus on the safety and productivity of your team and the quality of the products you manufacture. You will also create an environment where your team can learn and thrive and ultimately come together and consistently work well as a unit.
Additional responsibilities for the Production Supervisor include:
- Enforcing safety policies and giving safety presentations
- Coaching and performing quality product and process audits
- Observing and analyzing the trends and/or tendencies in your metrics in order to optimize your teams productivity and performance
- Implementing and maintaining lean manufacturing principles
- Managing to a takt time and identifying and eliminating process abnormalities
- Performing annual team member evaluations
You must have a strong passion and drive to develop the people around you to perform at their peak potential. You must be loyal, conscientious and possess a strong desire to succeed and constantly improve.
Additional requirements of the Production Supervisor include:
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet for 8 – 10 hours at a time
Education & Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conditions of Employment
Vector is committed to workforce diversity. Post-offer drug screen required.
Engineering/Manufacturing Intern (FT or PT)
Vector Windows is looking for an Industrial/Mechanical Engineer Intern for the Fergus Falls, MN production facility.
- Assist current engineers in all aspects of manufacturing and design processes.
- Provide general production support for fabrication and assembly areas.
- Assist Maintenance Personnel with diagnosing equipment to maximize uptime efficiency.
- Troubleshoot quality issues by performing root cause analysis using lean tools.
- Weigh in on situations that need technical assistance.
Essential Duties Continued:
- Participate in hands-on problem solving and resolution.
- Report and facilitate correction of out-of-specification conditions.
- Assist with continuously improving the quality of the products by developing and implementing standards.
- Review and analyze current state process flow and shop floor layout to make suggestions for improvement through elimination of waste.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of tooling and fixtures.
- Participate in capital equipment justification as needed.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of preventive and corrective actions for reducing scrap, rework, and down time.
- Adeptness to make data driven decisions.
- Research and suggest ideas for new technology.
- Pursuing an Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering (or related) degree from an accredited program.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to act as a liaison between engineering, production, marketing, purchasing, and members of the manufacturing team.
- Hands on learner with mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
- CAD experience helpful.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- MS Project and Visio experience a plus.
- Education or experience using Lean Tools (Cause – Effect, Pareto, Histogram, Check Sheet, Flow Chart) a plus.
Operations Now Hiring:
– 1st & 2nd Shift
1st Shift Core Hours
– 6:00 am – 2:30 pm M-F, OT Varies
2nd Shift Core Hours
– 4:00 pm – 2:30 am M-Th (Friday OT)
$14.50/per hour or Depending on Experience
$15.50/per hour 2nd Shift or Depending on Experience
– Overtime Available
– Saturday Double Pay for 1st Shift
– Friday Double Pay for 2nd Shift after 9pm
Performs manual labor along a production line. Operates and troubleshoots production line machinery and computers. May perform minor repairs as necessary.
- Operate production line machinery and computers.
- Troubleshoot production line machinery.
- Perform equipment change-overs.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on production line machinery.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vector Windows Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Profit Sharing (10% of profits shared)
- Performance Reviews (30, 90 days and yearly thereafter)
- Perfect Attendance Bonus (Up to $1 more per hour every 2 weeks for showing up on-time)
- Double Pay on Friday’s after 9pm and Saturday’s. (some jobs may not apply)
- Health & Supplemental Benefits (1st month after 60 days)
- Retirement & Company Match (immediately eligible-100% match up to 2%, 50% up to next 4%)
- Paid Vacation (after 90 days)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day in our community
- Employee/Family Discounts on Vector Products
- Employee Discounts at selected business
- 2 Weeks of Military Pay for Active members
- Referral Bonus
- Advancement Opportunity – Promote from within
- Training Opportunities (Internal and External)
- Yearly Performance Feedback
- Safety + Paid Prescription Safety Glasses
- Sense of Community
- Work/Life Balance
- Air Conditioned Plant
- Ability to improve job through Lean Activities
At Vector we stay committed to our Core Values – Improving the Quality of People’s Lives
- Do the Right Thing
- Respect and Support Each Other
- Aspire to Excellence
- Honor Our Commitment
Other Components of the Vector Culture
- Customer Focus
- Wellness (Bio-metrics/Fruit/CSA/Activities/Training)
- Celebrations & Activities
- New Hire Meet and Greets
- All Employee Business Communication Meeting (Monthly)
Conditions of Employment:
Vector is committed to workforce diversity. Post-Offer drug screen required.
Operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protections and safety gloves.
Vector Windows is a growing company located in the heart of lakes country. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package including profit sharing.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com or mail to 1020 International Drive, Fergus Falls, MN 56537 Attn: Human Resources or Apply Online Here