Finding the right job is never easy, but if you’re passionate about crafting quality windows and doors that work right from the start and helping builders get the service they need to get the job done, Vector could be just the right place for you to build a great career.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of the Vector team, send your resume to Jobs@VectorWindows.com, apply online here, or fill out a job application and mail it to us or drop it off at: Vector Windows, 1020 International Dr., Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Vector Windows is Growing! We are currently adding new Full-Time/Part-Time positions.
Production Supervisor (Full-Time, Salaried Exempt, Reporting to the Operations Manager)
If you’re a reliable and consistent self-starter who enjoys working with and developing a group of people, then join our team at Vector! We are seeking a passionate and dynamic Production Supervisor who will coordinate all manufacturing activities in assigned departments to produce high-quality parts and assemblies for Vector Window and Door products, while satisfying our customers at the lowest possible cost. You will identify, develop and implement programs, policies and procedures which support total customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, where applicable in relation to this position. The Production Supervisor will need to build and develop their team in order to consistently meet goals and be mutually successful. If you are a professional and enterprising leader and wish to launch your career in manufacturing then Vector may be the right company for you!
Essential Job Responsibilities
As a Production Supervisor, you will focus on the safety and productivity of your team and the quality of the products you manufacture. You will also create an environment where your team can learn and thrive and ultimately come together and consistently work well as a unit. Additional responsibilities for the Production Supervisor include:
- Enforcing safety policies and giving safety presentations
- Coaching and performing quality product and process audits
- Observing and analyzing the trends and/or tendencies in your metrics in order to optimize your teams productivity and performance
- Implementing and maintaining lean manufacturing principles
- Managing to a takt time and identifying and eliminating process abnormalities
- Performing annual team member evaluations
- You must have a strong passion and drive to develop the people around you to perform at their peak potential. You must be loyal, conscientious and possess a strong desire to succeed and constantly improve. Additional requirements of the Production Supervisor include:
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet for 8 – 10 hours at a time
- Education & Work Experience To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Production/Assembly – 1st and 2nd Shift
1st Shift Core Hours : 6:00 am – 2:30 pm M-F, OT Varies
2nd Shift Core Hours: 4:00 pm – 2:30 am M-Th (Friday OT)
Part-Time Options Available.
$13.00/per hour or DOE + $1.00/per hour night differential
Performs manual labor along a production line. Operates and troubleshoots production line machinery and computers. May perform minor repairs as necessary.
1. Operate production line machinery and computers.
2. Troubleshoot production line machinery.
3. Perform equipment change-overs.
4. Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
5. Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
6. Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on production line machinery.
7. Clean and maintain work area.
8. Other duties as assigned.
2019 Vector Windows Benefits
Paid Community Day (8 hours or 2 – 4 hours)
Performance Review – 30 days, 60 days, 90 days and yearly thereafter
Wellness – Biometrics/Activities/Survey
Activities – Treats/Gifts/Contests/Potlucks/Parties
Personal Window/Door Discounts
Air Conditioned Plant
Opportunities for advancement – jobs posted internally for bid.
Company sponsored activities
401(k) – Vanguard (100% match up to 2% and 50% up to next 4%)
Profit Sharing Eligibility – Cash Payout
AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
Starts 1st Month After 60 Days:
Medical – HealthPartners HSA Plans (High/Low Deductible Options)
Company contributions on your behalf
FSA – Medical/Dependent Care
Dental – HealthPartners (Kids under 12 get ALL FREE services)
Vision – Guardian (Glasses/or Contacts)
Company paid Life Insurance – Guardian
Additional Life Insurance
Short-Term Disability – Guardian (60% of wages up to 6 weeks)
Aflac – Pre/Post tax options
After 90 Days:
Paid Holidays(8) 1/1, 5/27, 7/4, 9/2, 11/28, 11/29, 12/25 + 1 Floating Holiday
Referral Bonus ($100 after your referral has worked here 90 days)
Conditions of Employment:
Vector is committed to workforce diversity. Post-Offer drug screen required.
Vector Windows is a growing company located in the heart of lakes country. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package including profit sharing.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1020 International Drive, Fergus Falls, MN 56537 Attn: Human Resources or apply online Here