Finding the right job is never easy, but if you're passionate about crafting quality windows and doors that work right from the start and helping builders get the service they need to get the job done, Vector could be just the right place for you to build a great career.
If you think you've got what it takes to be part of the Vector team, send your resume to Jobs@VectorWindows.com, apply online here, or fill out a job application and mail it to us or drop it off at: Vector Windows, 1020 International Dr., Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Vector Windows is Growing! We are currently adding new Full-Time positions.
Production – 1stand 2ndShift
1st Shift Core Hours : 7:00am – 3:30pm M-F, OT Varies
2nd Shift Core Hours: 4:00pm – 2:30am M-Th (Friday OT)
Performs manual labor along a production line. Operates and troubleshoots production line machinery and computers. May perform minor repairs as necessary.
- Operate production line machinery and computers.
- Troubleshoot production line machinery.
- Perform equipment change-overs.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on production line machinery.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manufacturing Engineer - Days
Works cross functionally to improve product quality, cost and delivery as well as improving safety in the workplace. This position will directly lead implementation of engineering changes, quality initiatives and develop and implement standard work processes. Analyze statistical data, time studies, recut and rework data to target key areas for improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Study process sequences and material flow with the intent of developing and implementing more efficient production processes.
Develop enhanced quality control objectives and activities to resolve product gaps and to maximize product reliability while minimizing cost of production.
Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to maximum efficiency, improve ergonomics and facilitate synchronous flow.
Work with vendors to improve the quality, cost and delivery of our products. Be the liaison between their engineering departments to develop and implement new product designs as well as to implement new equipment purchases.
Implement processes and procedures which measure incoming material and disposition discrepant material. Track and maintain vendor quality scorecard providing feedback with data to supply chain manger.
Develop and implement Vector Work Instructions (VWI'S).
Conduct Root Cause and Corrective action analysis using lean tools to improve product and process quality. Also use this process combining service data, manufacturing audits and recut data to improve methods and processes.
Work with facilities maintenance to improve machine utilization and reduce downtime and unscheduled maintenance activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year college or university in engineering or engineering technology; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Production Supervisor – 1st Shift
If you’re a reliable and consistent self-starter who enjoys working with and developing a group of people, then join our team at Vector! We are seeking a passionate and dynamic Production Supervisor who will coordinate all manufacturing activities in assigned departments to produce high-quality parts and assemblies for Vector Window and Door products, while satisfying our customers at the lowest possible cost. You will identify, develop and implement programs, policies and procedures which support total customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, where applicable in relation to this position. Our current opening is for a 1st shift Production Supervisor who will build and develop their team in order to consistently meet goals and be mutually successful. If you are a professional and enterprising leader and wish to launch your career in manufacturing then Vector may be the right company for you!
Essential Job Responsibilities
As a Production Supervisor, you will focus on the safety and productivity of your team and the quality of the products you manufacture. You will also create an environment where your team can learn and thrive and ultimately come together and consistently work well as a unit.
Additional responsibilities for the Production Supervisor include:
- Enforcing safety policies and giving safety presentations
- Coaching and performing quality product and process audits
- Observing and analyzing the trends and/or tendencies in your metrics in order to optimize your teams productivity and performance
- Implementing and maintaining lean manufacturing principles
- Managing to a takt time and identifying and eliminating process abnormalities
- Performing annual team member evaluations
You must have a strong passion and drive to develop the people around you to perform at their peak potential. You must be loyal, conscientious and possess a strong desire to succeed and constantly improve.
Production Lead(s) – 1st(5 openings) and 2nd Shift (1 opening)
The Leads is responsible by working with the Shop Managers to improve safety, quality, and operational costs. The specific responsibilities on a daily basis would be to drive Daily metrics for delivery (Schedule) , Efficiency (Daily productivity, Quality, reworks and recuts). This person needs to be a strong communicator who will work directly with the shop floor identifying the cause of problems using problem solving methodologies(RCCA/LEAN). The Lead must build strong relationships with the floor and have strong listening skills be self-motivated, willing to work in a fast-paced environment, willing to lead and drive change.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Follows safety policies and procedures, identifies and corrects safety hazards, reports violations, and encourages others to work safely
- Responsible for daily measurements of Quality(Recuts/Reworks),Production Schedule(Actual to Plan and Daily Productivity Measures)
- Respect co-workers in a sincere appreciative manner, has a polite, professional and positive attitude.
- Helps solve production problems, looks for opportunities to improve processes on a daily basis while being a no excuses leader
- Act with integrity, actively promotes Lean initiatives, works effectively with others, has a positive and enthusiastic approach to work, and communicates effectively by utilizing active listening skills..
- Holds employees accountable to performance and quality expectations, coaches and rewards appropriate and formal recognition.
- Looks for ways to improve skills and knowledge for self and employees in the department through cross training.
- Gains respect of the employees in the department and throughout the plant; displays model behavior, provides clear direction to employees.
- Effectively communicates goals, priorities and directions to employees.
Maintenance Technician – 1st Shift
- Service, troubleshoot, and maintain fusion welders, optimization saws, Insulated Glass fabrication equipment, and other mechanical machinery
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Develop and implement Preventative Maintenance program
- Work with operators to implement ideas to improve safety, quality and productivity
- Experience in PLC and computerized equipment helpful
- Welding experience highly regarded
- Experience in continuous improvement systems
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, ability to work well under pressure, quick learner
- Computer literacy helpful
Production Scheduler- Days
The Scheduler is responsible for developing and publishing the master production schedule, planning for customer demand and scheduling based on plant capacity, material requirements and delivery to meet schedule requirements and coordination of schedule related activities(Waterfall schedules and Bill of Material). The Scheduler will also act as a general resource and aide for our technology infrastructure, including BOM support, Display Objects, data collection, and more. The Scheduler will also provide support to third parties, (Sales Team, Warehouse and Shipping) and will support shop level loading and route building to meet customer needs.
- Production planning, scheduling, and coordination of work flow.
- Production schedule material requirements (% material available when needed).
- Develop delivery commitments by coordinating scheduling activities with production to balance capacity, productivity, and on-time delivery metrics.
- Develop, publish, and maintain the master production schedule.
- Analyze customer demand and material requirements to ensure on-time delivery.
- Coordinate with Purchasing to expedite material as necessary, while continuously improving and developing systems to prevent stock outs.
- Provide accurate and timely communication of production shortages or delays to production and customer service.
- Provide systems configuration, maintenance, and support:
o BOM integrity
o Display Objects
o Data collection and Pareto analysis
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Purchasing Clerk - Days
The Purchasing Clerk is responsible for supporting business activities within the supply chain as they relate to Vector’s accounting, inventory management, procurement, planning, and shipping functions. Directly reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this position performs a wide variety of supply chain related duties. This position is the point person within the supply chain for communication and documentation accuracy to receiving, accounts payable, inventory management, manufacturing, shipping, and customer service. This position will be highly involved with all aspects revolving around procurement functions as well as providing support and oversight for good inventory management practices and reporting.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review daily, overdue purchase orders from vendors.
- Perform additional buying duties as needed.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite shipments.
- Resolve discrepancies such as shortages, missed, or late deliveries with suppliers.
- Update, review, & maintain accurate purchasing records.
- Works in conjunction with receiving and accounts payable to resolve procurement discrepancies.
- Is highly involved with inventory cycle count program and problem solving.
- Insures all vendor returns are promptly recorded and credit process gets resolved to completion.
- Develops great working relationships with supplier contacts.
2018 Vector Windows Benefits
Paid Community Day (8 hours or 2 – 4 hours)
Performance Review – 30 days, 60 days, 90 days and yearly thereafter
Wellness – Biometrics/Activities/Survey
Activities – Treats/Gifts/Contests/Potlucks/Parties
Air Conditioned Plant
Opportunities for advancement – jobs posted internally for bid.
Company sponsored actives
After 90 Days
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays(8) 1/1, 5/28, 7/4, 9/3, 11/23, 11/24 (Days only), 12/25 + 1 Floating Holiday
- Referral Bonus ($100 after your referral has worked here 90 days)
Starts 1st Month After 60 Days
- Medical - HealthPartners HRA Plan -FSA and Dependent Daycare available
- Non-Tobacco Discount
- FSA – Medical/Dependent Care
- Dental – Guardian (Low/High Plans)
- Vision – Guardian (Glasses/or Contacts)
- Life Insurance – Guardian (EE=$15k/Sp=$5k/Ch=$2) -Add’l life available
- Short-Term Disability – Guardian (60% of wages up to 6 weeks)
- Aflac – Pre/Post tax options
- 401(k) – Vanguard (100% match up to 2% and 50% up to next 4%)
- Profit Sharing – Cash Payout
- AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
Vector Windows is a growing company located in the heart of lakes country. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package including profit sharing.