Finding the right job is never easy, but if you're passionate about crafting quality windows and doors that work right from the start and helping builders get the service they need to get the job done, Vector could be just the right place for you to build a great career.
If you think you've got what it takes to be part of the Vector team, send your resume to Jobs@VectorWindows.com, apply online here, or fill out a job application and mail it to us or drop it off at: Vector Windows, 1020 International Dr., Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Vector Windows is Growing! We are currently adding new Full-Time/Part-Time positions.
Production/Assembly – 1stand 2ndShift
1st Shift Core Hours : 7:00am – 3:30pm M-F, OT Varies
2nd Shift Core Hours: 4:00pm – 2:30am M-Th (Friday OT)
Part-Time Options Available.
$13.00/per hour + $1.00/per hour night differential
Performs manual labor along a production line. Operates and troubleshoots production line machinery and computers. May perform minor repairs as necessary.
- Operate production line machinery and computers.
- Troubleshoot production line machinery.
- Perform equipment change-overs.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on production line machinery.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manufacturing Engineer - Days
Works cross functionally to improve product quality, cost and delivery as well as improving safety in the workplace. This position will directly lead implementation of engineering changes, quality initiatives and develop and implement standard work processes. Analyze statistical data, time studies, recut and rework data to target key areas for improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Study process sequences and material flow with the intent of developing and implementing more efficient production processes.
Develop enhanced quality control objectives and activities to resolve product gaps and to maximize product reliability while minimizing cost of production.
Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to maximum efficiency, improve ergonomics and facilitate synchronous flow.
Work with vendors to improve the quality, cost and delivery of our products. Be the liaison between their engineering departments to develop and implement new product designs as well as to implement new equipment purchases.
Implement processes and procedures which measure incoming material and disposition discrepant material. Track and maintain vendor quality scorecard providing feedback with data to supply chain manger.
Develop and implement Vector Work Instructions (VWI'S).
Conduct Root Cause and Corrective action analysis using lean tools to improve product and process quality. Also use this process combining service data, manufacturing audits and recut data to improve methods and processes.
Work with facilities maintenance to improve machine utilization and reduce downtime and unscheduled maintenance activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year college or university in engineering or engineering technology; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Maintenance Technician – 1st Shift
- Service, troubleshoot, and maintain fusion welders, optimization saws, Insulated Glass fabrication equipment, and other mechanical machinery
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Develop and implement Preventative Maintenance program
- Work with operators to implement ideas to improve safety, quality and productivity
- Experience in PLC and computerized equipment helpful
- Welding experience highly regarded
- Experience in continuous improvement systems
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, ability to work well under pressure, quick learner
- Computer literacy helpful
2018 Vector Windows Benefits
Paid Community Day (8 hours or 2 – 4 hours)
Performance Review – 30 days, 60 days, 90 days and yearly thereafter
Wellness – Biometrics/Activities/Survey
Activities – Treats/Gifts/Contests/Potlucks/Parties
Air Conditioned Plant
Opportunities for advancement – jobs posted internally for bid.
Company sponsored actives
- 401(k) – Vanguard (100% match up to 2% and 50% up to next 4%)
- Profit Sharing – Cash Payout
- AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
Starts 1st Month After 60 Days:
- Medical - HealthPartners HRA Plan
- Non-Tobacco Discount
- FSA – Medical/Dependent Care
- Dental – Guardian (Low/High Plans)
- Vision – Guardian (Glasses/or Contacts)
- Life Insurance – Guardian (EE=$15k/Sp=$5k/Ch=$2) -Add’l life available
- Short-Term Disability – Guardian (60% of wages up to 6 weeks)
- Aflac – Pre/Post tax options
After 90 Days:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays(8) 1/1, 5/28, 7/4, 9/3, 11/23, 11/24, 12/25 + 1 Floating Holiday
- Referral Bonus ($100 after your referral has worked here 90 days)
Vector Windows is a growing company located in the heart of lakes country. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package including profit sharing.